Tuesday, April 18, 2006

God.

This is really a kind of touchy subject, so please don't take it personally if it's going to offend you. It's not meant to offend or target anyone, it's simply the way I think.

Well you probably don't know unless you know me at school, or even if you, you still probably don't know. The last few weeks I've been talking crap about God, thinking about the "beginning," criticising Christianity, and thinking Nine-Inch-Nailses "Heresy" was the coolest thing ever. Not that I do it anymore. But the truth is, I don't think I'll ever go back to being Christian. Nor was I really ever a Christian, even when I was singing songs about him at church. I just never really "got it," though I really admire the compassion. I understand that a solid idea of God gives people meaning and definition.

Anyway, I just realized recently that something had to have start this world, a concious being, or not. If there in fact is a God, whether he's still alive or not, he created us in our own nature. In other words, we have the ability to work and grow and improve ourselves. In a way, our minds are "godlike." Is there a limit to God's power? There certainly doesn't seem to be for our species. If we continue to keep growing and improving, might we one day match the power of God, or at least his power when he first began creating? Might we one day each create worlds of our own? This seems like something he intends - if technology is in fact a gift God gave us (not taking into account the tree in the garden of Eden).

What's my point? Just that I don't hate God and that I'm not so sure about being agaisnt the technology movement anymore.

Thanks for sludging your way through my heretic ideas. It means a lot to me.

11 Comments:

Blogger Draco-7 said...

I seriously doubt that even if there is a God then He could not have done half of the things that people say He did. I don't think that He created the Universe. And about Humans being able to attain Godliness, well, I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but if anything were to attain true Perfektion it would be destroyed as if it attained Perfektion then it's reason for existing would be nullified.

19/4/06 11:52  
Blogger Vooki said...

you guys should try reading God's Debris by Scott Adams... it's awesome.

19/4/06 13:59  
Blogger j00|{z said...

Well my idea of God isn't the Christian God. It could be anyone, or anything. But something or someone had to start the universe, whether they intended it or not.

19/4/06 15:51  
Blogger Internet Street Philosopher said...

This is natural at this stage in life, one's search for someone bigger than themselves, if that someone exists. Is God real? Does he or she care about me if he does? Why doesn't he do more? Questions that demand answers. You keep searching, and you'll find what you're looking for.

19/4/06 21:42  
Blogger Darth Caroline said...

i...um... most of that just flew over my head. But i did read it.

20/4/06 14:54  
Blogger Cardboard Knight said...

WTF... Comment me once in a while. I miss you!!! WAAAAAHHH!!!!! :-)

28/4/06 20:48  
Blogger NandeHi said...

Search your heart and listen for the answer, dont be hasty in "thinking" that you have the answer...but when the answer comes be willing enough to accept it. BTW....what makes you a "christian" in your eyes.

4/5/06 05:59  
Blogger j00|{z said...

It's another one of my little theories. Don't worry - they never last long.
My idea of "Christian" is someone who believes in the same God they read about in the bible, with His own rules on how people should live. Even though everyone has their own idea on what He's like, (cruel/merciful) He has the same story.

5/5/06 18:47  
Blogger G4st said...

Debating the existence of God can be the most enlightening/frustrating experience. How does creation fit into the equation of an infinite universe?
Engendering a creator seems ridiculous to me.
The old man with a beard deal just seems plain sexist to me.

9/5/06 19:30  
Blogger johneybrooks36349465 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

14/5/06 02:27  
Blogger Hippie Nerd said...

Ithink there is a force that controls fate, not an entity needng worship or even ackknowledgement taht it exists to carry on. Where would God be if no one knew he existed?

Most of my, still very closed-minded, friends consider this subject one of my points of craziness and insanity, thus it is very hard for a 13 year old to have a conversation with any one her own age about the mater. This frustrates me. Thanks for sharng your thoughts. You gave me a place to voice my opinions.

2/6/06 22:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Do you like cheese?
Yes
No
Dunno
Send this poll to a friend!